Friday 13 April 2012

Un petit peu d'amour

Because of the title I gave my little introduction to Gillian Hills, I couldn't resist posting this toe-tapper.

I first heard it on the already classic Girls In The Garage vol.12 aka Swinging Mademoiselle vol. 3 and I've given it a fair few spins at L'Amour Electronique over the past year (yes, a whole year has passed since I first placed that clear blue vinyl lp on my turntable, dropped the needle and held my breath).

As you can tell I'm quite smitten with Katty Line's take on the Los Bravos/Easybeats stormer Bring A Little Lovin'. That choppy muted guitar gets my salivating like one of Pavlov's dogs and brings about the same buzz I get whenever I hear the first few notes of Gimme Some Lovin' (the Spencer Davis OR the Sylvie version). 

As I think I said once before: Maximum R&B en Français! 


Now go Katty Line, GO!

Katty Line - Un Petit Peu D'Amour
[buy this on Girls In The Garage vol. 12 blue vinyl lp!]

No comments: