Wednesday 1 June 2011

mixtape for Blow-Up Doll

I was very flattered to be asked by Mordi at Blow-up Doll to submit something for his mixtape exchange. The criteria: 10-12 songs, anything goes as long as they have a female lead vocal and will appeal to other Blow-up Doll readers.

After a whole lot of deliberating and whittling down here's what I came up with**:


LOVE IS AMOUR IN FRENCH
01 - Tuesday Weld - Are You The Boy?
02 - Karo - Sur Ta Moto (7" [TC Vedettes VD 3071])
03 - Tienou - Tu N'Peux Pas T'Empêcher de Rire (7" [POLYDOR 66 331 Simple])
04 - April March - Magic Ass (Dans les yeux d'April March 10" [Club Tricatel TRIEP25 001/1999])
05 - Jenny Rock - Mal
06 - Brezel Göring (feat. Christiane F.) - Ich Bin So Süchtig (white label 7")
07 - Anika - Terry
08 - Elephant's Memory - Old Man Willow
09 - Rose Elinor Dougall - Start/Stop/Synchro
10 - Anne Marie - Love is Amour in French
11 - Cat's Eyes - Not A Friend

You can download the full mixtape and tons of other ace mixes from blow-up-doll.blogspot.com


**As well as some French femme faves, I chose a few, more cinematic, numbers that I play when I DJ at our other night Tonight We Fly. There are also a couple of current faves that I just had to include.  The best thing is it gave me a good kick up the backside to actually rip some stuff from vinyl, so there are a few rare songs, which, as far as I know, have never been issued/re-issued.

No comments: